Canadian youth mobility

Canadian Youth Mobility

Canada and Spain have signed in Ottawa on 2009 an agreement for Canadian and Spanish youth mobility between the countries. This program would benefit young people between 18 and 35 who intend to come to Spain for both academic and professional purposes.

Our Law Firm can help you meeting all the legal requirements to apply for such program, especially on those stages of the application process that must be completed in Spain. This agreement allows Canadian and Spanish young citizens to obtain visas and permits to visit and stay up to one year in another country, whether Canada or Spain, for work experience, complement their postsecondary education or improve their language and culture knowledge.

If you are a Canadian citizen who wish to apply for this program to obtain a long-term visa, you must be able to prove that your profile fits in any of the following categories:

  • You are in possession of a post-secondary diploma wishing to obtain additional training in Spain.
  • You are a registered student in a Canadian post-secondary institution wishing to complete your academic training by undergoing an internship in a Spanish institution.
  • You have been offered a contract of employment in order to contribute to your professional development.
  • You are a registered student of a post-secondary institution and you are planning to travel to Spain during academic vacations and wish to work on a casual basis in order to increase your financial resources;
  • You are planning to travel to Spain and wish to engage in any lucrative professional activity or do volunteer work.
  • When applying to become a beneficiary of this agreement, you will be asked as well to meet the following documents:

  • To have a valid Canadian passport, reside in Canada and be a Canadian National.
  • To have a valid visa.
  • To be between the ages of 18 and 35 inclusively when submitting your application.
  • To hold a return ticket or have sufficient resources to purchase it later.
  • To prove that you have the financial means to cover your expenses when staying in Spain.
  • To prove that you count with an International Health Insurance or that you have recently purchased a medical insurance, including hospitalization and repatriation for the full period of your authorized stay in the country. This must be issued prior to your entry to Spanish territory.
  • Please note that in the event that you do not have a formal offer in Spain of work, or internship or formal admission to a Spanish Institute, college or university before applying for the visa, you must prove that you count with the necessary economic resources to cover your expenses during the first three months of the stay in Spain. In 2013, the approximate amount is $2,100 CAD

    You must consider as well that if you are planning to stay in Spain for a period over 6 months, you must submit the following requirements when applying:

  • A noncriminal record issued by the police or the corresponding authority of all the countries where you, the applicant, have resided for the last 5 years, including Canada.
  • A certificate issued by a doctor where it is stated that you do not suffer of any diseases that may have serious consequences on public health pursuant to the provisions stated in the 2005 International Health Regulations.
  • Remember that all the documentation submitted must be duly translated into Spanish by a Certified Public Interpreter. Also, the aforesaid documentation must be duly legalized.

    Our Law Firm can assist you through the entire application process and indicate you all the necessary documentation to be submitted according to your case. Our attorneys have years of experience on this matter, thus guaranteeing you the best result in your application and avoid unnecessary delays or expenses. Contact us, request our services and start your application process with sufficient time.

    Recent Comments

    "The legal consultation was really useful. Plus they helped me fulfilling my student visa application before going to Madrid. Thanks." – Kelly Mayer

    "Thanks for helping me to reside legally in Spain. After residing legally for 3 years in the country, I was afraid that I couldn’t stay with my kids due to my recent divorce." – Jane Nyman

    "Nice service, always there to help me with my application despite my poor Spanish." – Samuel Zammit

    Privacy Policy Settings