If you have seen a program of your interest in any school, college or institute in Spain and you are willing to come to our country for a certain period of time to conduct studies, research, training or unpaid internship, then probably, you will be required to apply for a Student Visa in order to do so.

Currently, Spain has become a major destination when deciding to undertake different studies. Whether to enroll in undergraduate or graduate programs or to just learn Spanish, if you wish to stay in Spain for longer than three (3) months, you must apply for a Student Visa.

If you are a national from a EU member state (Austria, Bulgaria. Belgium, Cyprus, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, France, Finland, Greece, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Ireland, Latvia, Luxembourg, Lithuania, Malta, Netherlands, Portugal, Poland, Romania, Slovenia, Slovakia, Sweden or United Kingdom,) or Liechtenstein, Norway, Iceland, and Switzerland, you are entitled to free movement and residence in Spain for a period of three (3) months. If you are not, you will be asked to apply for a Residence Permit.

In order to apply for a Student Visa, you must visit the Spanish Consulate of your home country.

Depending on the Spanish Consulate of your country, the requirements might vary, but probably you will be asked to submit them in person. Usually, the abovementioned requirements are the following:

• To submit the original letter proving that you have enrolled as a full-time student at a university or school and to confirm the payment of the tuition. • To submit a health certificate. • To submit the corresponding visa application form dully completed. (you can get it at the Consular Section of the Embassy of Spain) • To issue a valid International Health and Medical Insurance that should cover a minimum of 30,000 Euros. • To submit a copy of Passport. • To submit a recent police background check issued by the local police department of your city.* (only if you wish to stay longer than six months) • To prove that the student has financial means, i.e. that you have enough money to maintain yourself for the length of your stay.**

** You can prove that you have financial means in several ways. Either submitting a letter stating that you have received financial aid or a scholarship (which might cover tuition, room, board, and personal expenses when staying in Spain); a certain amount in traveler’s checks for every month that you’ll be in the country; or a notarized letter stating that your parents will be assuming all the financial responsibility for you while completing your studies herein Spain.

Underage students must submit a notarized letter from their parents stating that they are allowed to study in Spain.

Please note that most of these documents must be translated into Spanish by a certified public interpreter. Most of the Spanish Consulates or Embassies have a list of them.

Fulfill all the requirements might be time consuming but we can assure you that it’s worth it. How can we help you? We can help you to fulfill all the requirements related to your visa. Also, remember that if your program is meant to last more than six months, you must request a Residence Card registered at the local Police Office (Policia Nacional) within one moth of entering into the country. It is valid for one year. If you are planning to study in Spain for a period superior to one year, remember to carry out the renewal of your Residence Card two months in advance prior to the expiration date.

Remember to issue your visa with enough time. Write us to help you with it -avoiding unnecessary delays in the process. Our specialized staff will be glad to help you!

Student work

Modification from student visa to work visa

If you need to need to make a modification from student visa to work visa, please contact our specialized lawyers.‏
Renewal Study

Renewal of study permit

If your study visa is near to expire and you will continue studying in Spain, maybe it is time for you to count with a lawyer to speed up the renewal of study permit.‏
Renewal Study

Canadian youth mobility

Canada and Spain have signed an agreement to promote Spanish and Canadian youth mobility for studies, internships and work. Our lawyers can help you meeting all the requirements.‏

Recent Comments

"The legal consultation was really useful. Plus they helped me fulfilling my student visa application before going to Madrid. Thanks." – Kelly Mayer

"Thanks for helping me to reside legally in Spain. After residing legally for 3 years in the country, I was afraid that I couldn’t stay with my kids due to my recent divorce." – Jane Nyman

"Nice service, always there to help me with my application despite my poor Spanish." – Samuel Zammit

Privacy Policy Settings