Foreign citizens from outside the EU who make a significant investment in Spain may apply for a visa or residence permit for investors.
If they are outside of Spain they must apply for a residence visa for one year.
If they are in Spain legally, that is, they have a residence or residence permit or an investor visa, they must request a residence authorization for investors, for two years.
Once this period has expired, this authorization will be renewable for periods of five years, as long as the investment is maintained and Spain is visited at least once during the residence period.
- Authorization to reside and work valid for the entire national territory, including family members if they meet the age stipulated in the labor regulations.
- Freedom of movement in the Schengen states.
- Fast processing: visas resolved and notified in 10 working days and residency authorizations resolved in 20 days, possibility of carrying out the procedures through a representative.
- Joint processing for relatives.
- Effective residence in Spain is not required, only one visit during the residence period.
- The application for the residence permit will extend the validity of the situation of residence or stay in Spain of which the foreigner was the holder until the resolution of the procedure.
What is meant by significant investment for the purpose of issuing a visa?
If you meet any of these requirements:
- That the initial investment is equal to 2 million euros in Spanish public debt securities, or for a value of 1 million euros in shares of Spanish companies or bank deposits.
- 1 million euros in shares or shares of capital companies with real business activity.
- 1 million euros in investment funds.
- 1 million euros in bank deposits.
- The acquisition of real estate in Spain with a value exceeding 500,000 euros for each applicant.
- A business project that will be developed in Spain by the investor and that is considered to be of general interest. For this, the creation of jobs, the economic impact of investment, the creation of jobs, the economic impact of investment, the contribution of scientific and technological innovation will be valued.
- It will also be understood that the investor will make a significant investment when the investment is carried out by a legal entity domiciled in a place that does not have the status of a tax haven, and the foreigner holds the majority of the voting right within it.
- Be in Spanish territory without irregularly.
- Being over 18 years old.
- Lack of a criminal record in Spain and in the countries where he has resided during the last five years, for offenses provided for in the Spanish legal system.
- Do not appear as rejected in the territorial space of countries with which Spain has signed an agreement in this regard.
- Have a public insurance or private health insurance arranged with an insurance company authorized to operate in Spain.
- Have sufficient economic resources for themselves and their family members during their period of residence in Spain.
- Pay the fee for processing the authorization or visa.
The spouse, the children under age or older who, depending economically on the holder, have not constituted themselves a family unit and the dependent ascendants, who meet or accompany the owner, may request a joint and simultaneously or successively, the authorization and, if applicable, the visa, if they prove to meet the requirements set forth in the previous section.