Urb. Magna Marbella Edificio Romero de Torres, local 92D Nueva Andalucia CP29660, Málaga



When looking for a good place to spend your retirement period, whether a couple of years or more, in order to relax, interact with different people or simply, enjoy life, Spain is one of the most popular spots on the map. People from different countries consider Spain a good place to buy, rent, or invest in real estate, for our country counts with the adequate infrastructure and public services.

This type of visa allows retirees to reside in Spain without engaging in any type of lucrative activity. If you decide to apply for it, you must prove to be a pensioner or beneficiary of a Government regular and life payment or a private pension, all this pursuant to the Royal Decree 2393/2004.

When applying, generally, you will be required to submit a Notarized Document explaining why you are requesting the visa, the purpose, the place and the length of your stay in Spain, and a document proving a permanent retirement income from an official institution, whether social security or other private source

Despite the type of visa that you choose to apply for, you may be required to submit a police clearance certificate; a medical certificate; a document proving that you have an international medical insurance; and any other proof of other sources of income or properties in Spain if applicable.

**Please note that most of these documents must be translated into Spanish by a certified public interpreter. The Spanish Consulates or Embassies have a list of them.
These types of Visa enable the applicant to bring his/her family to Spain, as long as you can prove that you have sufficient funds to cover their expenses as well. The process may take between 1 to 2 months from the day all documents are presented.

Our specialized group of attorneys knows very well the Spanish immigration laws and the application process, therefore helping you to obtain a positive answer from the Spanish authorities.