If you are a foreign student and want to obtain Spanish residency and be able to work in Spain, below you can find information about it.
What type of authorization is this?
It is an initial temporary residence and self-employment authorization requested by an employer to hire a worker who is in Spain to stay for studies, research, training or internships.
The worker’s relatives who are living with him/her in a stay situation obtained because they are a relative of a foreigner in a stay situation for studies, research, training or internships may obtain residence authorization for family reunification.
Can family members be reunited?
Members of the foreigner’s family staying for studies, research, training or professional practices who are living with them as relatives of students can obtain residence authorization for family reunification.
Family members of the foreigner staying for studies, research, training or internships who are living with him/her as relatives of students can obtain residence authorization for initial family reunification when they meet the following requirements
- Have no criminal record in Spain or in their previous countries of residence, during the last five years, for crimes existing in Spanish law.
- Not being prohibited from entering Spain and not appearing as rejectable in the territorial space of countries with which Spain has signed an agreement in this regard.
- Not being, if applicable, within the period of commitment of non-return to Spain that the foreigner has assumed when voluntarily returning to his or her country of origin.
- Have adequate housing.
- Have financial means.
- Have paid the fee for processing the procedure.
What requirements must be met?
- Proof of having passed the studies or having completed the research work, training or internship successfully.
- Not having been awarded a scholarship or subsidized by public or private organizations within Spanish or country of origin cooperation or development programs.
- Have no criminal record in Spain or in their previous countries of residence for crimes existing in Spanish law.
- Provide a contract signed by the employer and worker that guarantees the worker continued activity during the period of validity of the authorization to reside and work. The date must be conditional on the effective date of the residence and work authorization.
- The conditions established in the employment contract must comply with those established by current regulations. If the contract is part-time, the remuneration must be equal to or greater than the minimum interprofessional salary for full-time and on an annual basis.
- The applicant must be registered in the Social Security system and be up to date with compliance with their tax and Social Security obligations.
- The employer must have sufficient economic, material or personal means for its business project and to meet the obligations assumed in the contract towards the worker.
- If the employer is a natural person, he must prove, once the payment of the agreed salary has been deducted, 100% of the IPREM if there are no dependent family members.
- If the family unit includes two members, 200%. If the family unit includes more than two people, 50% of the IPREM must be added to the previous amount for each additional member.
- Possess the training and, where appropriate, the professional qualification legally required to practice the profession.
If you have any doubts or if you want to start your process, do not hesitate to contact us, our qualified team will guide you through each step of this process.